1. Young People’s Movement (YPM) is a socio-political group of young progressives that came together after the iconic ENDSARS surge where the youths of our great country rose and spoke in one voice against oppressive excesses of certain security agencies.
2. Whereas the ENDSARS protests have been suspended, the voices of freedom of Ogun State youths and indeed, all Nigerian youth’s will ever remain.
3. October 20, 2020 is not a day that the Nigerian youths will forget in a jiffy: a day that will remain forever dark in our hearts, in honour of our fallen and wounded heroes. A day when unarmed, peaceful Nigerian youths were fallen by officers at the Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos State, Nigeria.
Indeed, our hearts remain with our fallen heroes!
4. ENDSARS panel were set up, giving hopes that, within the shortest possible time, culpable officers would be dealt with and victims’ families would be compensated.
Alas, our hopes were again dashed!
5. While this issue of utmost importance to our youths may be handled as a theatre of the absurd, we are certain that posterity will remember all actions and inactions!
6. Again, we are eternally worried that our youths continue to migrate outside Nigeria in their thousands. This has continued unabated and it appears that there are no plans to salvaging this very embarassing trend. “Japa” is the trending word now. So sad.
7. A nation does not become great by chance; there must be deliberate, sustainable blueprint for development, especially of her Youths. Indeed, there ought to be an *Ogun State Youths Development Policy Document* that successive governments would model after.
8. In the coming weeks, YPM shall, _inter alia_, after a scrutiny of the track records of the Ogun State governorship candidates, declare where we pitch our tents. We will painstakingly scout for a candidate that has a proven track record of empathy for the lives and welfare of the Ogun State Youths and lend our weight accordingly.
9. Until then, may Ogun State and Nigeria get back their pride of place among the comity of nations!
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Long live Ogun State!
Long live YPM!
E-signed, for YPM.
Chief (Barr.) ‘Kayode Aderemi (Convener, YPM)
Ojo-Olori Eniola Rhymat
Ogunlana Sodiq Ajewole